File photo – A exchanged Samsung Electronics’ Galaxy Note 7 is on display at the headquarters of the company in Seoul, South Korea, Oct. 13, 2016. (REUTERS/Kim Hong-Ji)
Some said that Samsung might ditch the Galaxy Note brand after the unprecedented Galaxy Note 7 remember that can undermine the phablet line for good, but it seems that Samsung still churn new Note models. A Galaxy Note 8 is planned for later this year and will be released on schedule, a new report indicates.
“The Galaxy Note 7 was very popular before the user reports started circulating about the equipment that exploded or caught fire while charging,” a Samsung exec said, according to Business Korea. “If the phablet market, which was developed by Samsung Electronics, to grow, the company will be the release of the Note series this year.”
The Galaxy Note 8 should be released in the second half of the year, following on the Galaxy S8 series which is set to be released in April — the site notes same April launch window for upcoming Galaxy S flagship. It is still too early to know what the new features of the Galaxy Note 8 will have to offer, but an official of Samsung Electronics partner company seems to think that a 4K screen is in the cards for the phablet.
“Samsung will introduce 2K resolution is shown in the Galaxy S8, but will the use of a 4K resolution is shown in the Galaxy Note 8 to realize improved virtual reality (VR) features. I heard that it will connect to the new Gear VR wearable,” the person said.
More From BGR
This rumor Galaxy S8 function would be like nothing you’ve ever seen on an iPhone
New leaks reveal how powerful the Galaxy S8 will be
Why has the Galaxy Note 7 explode? Samsung will finally tell us quickly
That said, Samsung still has to explain the Galaxy Note 7 explosions, before even considering the launch of a successor. An official statement anywhere from 10 January until the end of the month, according to a report from earlier this week.