All men as well as women are worried about being fat. Individuals who want to get rid of that excess fat need not fret about sweating it out by exercising or even doing heavy-duty workout sessions! Technology in the field of cosmetic surgery has now become quite advanced and at the same time extremely easy for a man or woman to undergo.
What is Lipo?
Liposuction is also commonly referred to as Lipo. Liposuction can be defined as an aesthetic procedure. In very simple terms, one can refer to it as a part of plastic surgery that will help one to eliminate a lot of one’s undesirable body fat. Liposuction is also referred to as Lipoplasty, Liposculpture or even suction Lipectomy, which is meant to do away with excess body fat in certain areas so as to be able to re-shape one’s body well.
However, Liposuction treatment is not intended to treat or even reduce obesity. This is only an aesthetic surgical procedure. It is important not to confuse Lipoplasty together with bariatric plastic surgery operations, for instance abdominoplasty or tummy tuck.
These types of plastic surgery procedures remove extra fat and even skin along with tightening lose muscles, as opposed to Liposuction procedures, which only get rid of unwanted fat. Most important forms of Lipoplasty consist of: Super-wet, Tumescent as well as Ultrasound Liposuction. The main objective of this kind of cosmetic surgery is to shape up one’s entire body quickly and without having to exercise.
What is Laser Liposuction?
Certain Liposuction procedures makes use of laser technology which aids the surgery to be performed smoothly once the laser beam touches one’s body. Laser Liposuction burns the fat cells. After the fat cells are burned up, the layer of skin holding the fat will automatically go back to its original position. These kinds of surgeries are generally quick and it’s also incredible to learn that one can shape up their entire body within less than 14 days. But, this kind of surgical treatment is actually ideal for men and women who are less than 40 years old.
How does Laser Liposuction work?
The laser beam passes through the skin’s surface to a fiber and then the very small laser tube that is fixed onto the surface of the body is then going to make all the fat cells burn. Only after the fat cells are burnt will the skin will return to its original position.
Adverse Reactions of Liposuction:
If one undergoes any type of plastic surgery, there will always be a few complications. Some of these complications are that the skin is not going to become smooth if the excess fat has not been removed properly. One might also need to undergo surgery again if body fat has been removed from a part of the body which contains excess quantities of body fat. Surgery will be required again to flatten up the lump that will be left behind. In the event that an individual happens to be 40 years or older, chances are that he/she may experience a few skin allergies. However, this will be treated within a month and one does not need to visit the doctor again.
Probable Side Effects of Liposuction:
• Bruising – is a little painful initially, but reduces rapidly when treated with pain killers.
• Swelling – generally diminishes within 4 to 6 weeks.
• Scarring – this depends upon the kind of Liposuction treatment utilized and also stitching techniques. Within months the scars start to fade.
• Pain – this is momentary and then curable via prescription or over-the-counter medicines.
• Numbness – goes away after 3 to 4 weeks.
• Mobility – one may not be able to move around immediately after the surgery. The plastic surgeon will let you know when you may resume regular activity.
Health Complications related to Liposuction:
• Hypersensitive reactions to anesthesia or even medications utilized in the course of the Lipoplasty operation
• Infections as a result of bacteria that might enter even a single incision made just for the cannula
• Damaged tissues underneath the skin’s surface causes the uppermost layer of skin to get damaged too
• Skin necrosis or dead skin cells is a really unique complication which usually requires prolonged restorative healing as well as good care
• Accidentally puncturing an internal organ is a very rare case nevertheless, it can still be life-threatening. But, know that a skilled plastic surgeon will almost never cause this sort of hazard
• Uneven removing of excess fat tissue will be responsible for imperfect body contouring
• Burns: At times the movement of the cannula could potentially cause burns caused to the skin or even nerves caused by friction. Even when it comes to UAL, the heat generated from the ultrasound device could cause injuries to the skin’s surface or even deeper tissues.
• Lidocaine toxicity: Whenever tumescent or very wet techniques are utilized, an excessive amount of saline fluid might get injected or else, the fluid itself might contain an extremely high concentration of Lidocaine. This may cause the Lidocaine to turn out to be excessive for an individual’s system. Initially, Lidocaine poisoning causes a tingling sensation as well as numbness. But, gradually an individual may experience seizures which are generally followed by unconsciousness and even respiratory complications.
• Fluid imbalance: During the Liposuction procedure a lot of fluid contained in fat gets removed. As a result the surgeon will need to inject fluids to carry out this procedure. Since very large amounts of fluid are lost, there can be a danger of the human body’s natural balance of fluids getting disrupted. This might occur once the patient returns home. However, if excessive fluids remain within the body, the heart, lung area as well as the kidneys might get affected badly.
• Thrombo-embolism, fat embolization as well as pulmonary embolism are uncommon blood circulation perils associated with Liposuction. However, these dangers require immediate medical attention.
How Long does it take to Recover After Liposuction Surgery?
Patients having undergone Liposuction treatment can begin moving around within a span of 24 hours. These patients can even commence their jobs after a rest period of 3 to 14 days. Stitches that can be dissolved (also referred to as sutures) usually are taken out 5 to 10 days following the operation. Overall recovery after a Liposuction surgery will differ based on a number of factors, which includes: the actual Lipoplasty technique utilized, pre-op health of the patient, the actual quantity of fat removed as well as other surgical complications.
Follow These Tips For A Speedy Recovery Following Lipoplasty?
• Regularly consume as much water as possible. This will prevent you from getting dehydrated.
• Refrain from drinking alcohol at least a week before and after the operation.
• Neither ice packs nor heating pads should be placed upon the areas of the body that have been operated upon.
• For a minimum of a week following the operation, one must not have a bath or even go for a swim.
• Adhering to healthy eating habits and regular exercises will help the individual maintain his/her desired physique.
Does Lipoplasty cause any Scarring?
After any surgery involving incisions, temporary scarring is completely normal. Even though there will probably be minimal traces of scars left behind after a surgery has been performed, 99% of all scars fade away with time.
Can Liposuction Be Combined With Other Aesthetic Procedures?
Yes, Lipoplasty is often grouped together along with various other cosmetic surgeries. This is possible because Liposuction procedures do not aid in tightening loose skin, neither does this surgical procedure assist with tightening up muscles. As a result, plastic surgeons frequently make use of specific surgical procedures, for instance facelift or Rhytidectomy, Mastopexy breast lift, tummy tuck or abdominoplasty, Panniculectomy, Thigh lift or even buttock lifts in order to remove loose skin in addition to toning up muscles. This Liposuction procedure is also utilized for the ultimate smoothing or even body contouring. A surgeon should consider 3 factors to ascertain whether or not Liposuction alone is appropriate or whether various other cosmetic procedures are essential.
These factors are:
• How much extra skin is present
• The actual amount as well as location of fatty deposits
• Exactly how weak the muscles are
However, only the Liposuction procedure might be required if a patient has limited amounts of excess fat and good skin elasticity.
In the event that there may be plenty of extra or even loose skin as well as significant muscle laxity, a complete abdominoplasty along with Liposuction should be carried out to attain the very best body sculpturing. Liposuction procedures as well as plastic surgery might be required often right after significant weight reduction as a result of stomach bypass bariatric operations, such as Roux-en-Y or even Biliopancreatic Diversion Duodenal Switch.