Facebook says in the first 24 hours after the attacks on two mosques in New Zealand over 1.5 million videos of that attack have been removed.
Of that 1.5 million videos were 1.2 million automatically when the upload stopped. Facebook uses artificial intelligence, that videos recognize who had previously been blocked.
However, were images of the attacks, sometimes for hours online, especially in the first hours after the attacks. Mia Garlick, beleidshoofd of Facebook New Zealand, says that the videos where the sensitive images removed are removed.
Friday there were two terrorist attacks in mosques in the New Zealand city of Christchurch and the suburb of Linwood fifty fatalities. The 28-year-old Brenton Tarrant, the main suspect of the attack, has been sued for multiple murder.
The shooter sent his terrorist acts live via Facebook and Twitter, after which the images despite calls from authorities to massively were shared. Tarrant is Saturday, behind closed doors, brought his trial begins on 5 april.
New Zealand police drive terreurverdachte clamp
This we know about the attacks in New Zealand mosques
- Do you want every Saturday the main technieuws of the week in your email? Subscribe to our technieuwsbrief!