nearvideo Fred Fleitz on Tucker Carlson tonight
Fred Fleitz on Tucker Carlson tonight
President Trump responsibly acted, according to Iran-a U.S. Navy drone, a Central street in the Middle East, a former top National Security Council official shot down Fox News said on Thursday.
Former NSC chief of staff, Fred Fleitz told “Tucker Carlson tonight.”, that the President does not want war with Iran-but have no fear, for the defence of American interests,
“I said no war with Iran,” Fleitz. “I know that this President was elected to get us out of wars and not the new wars. The President has to be legal in the us from the fraudulent nuclear deal with Iran.
U.S. NAVY DRONE SHOT DOWN, SAYS IRANIAN MISSILES OVER THE STRAIT OF HORMUZ IN ‘UNPROVOKED ATTACK,’ CENTRAL COMMAND
“But the use of violence is on the table, if Iran is a threat to our interests.”
Fleitz, who also served as chief of staff of the current National security adviser, John Bolton, claimed some observers believe that she is to blame for trump, if Iran to violence, in response to the U.S. withdrawal from the 2015 nuclear drive.
“There are people who now say, [that] the President is responsible, if Iran responds with violence, because we have withdrawn from this business,” he said.
“This is a fraudulent argument. We don’t stay in an agreement because the other party threatened, they react with violence. The President responded with restraint. He has given [Iran] an opportunity to deescalate the situation, and I think he handled it today.”
The former CIA analyst added that the Trump administration go to reinforce the American forces in the Middle East because he wants to defend American interests in the offensive.
“It does not mean that the President goes, but the President can’t ignore, clear intelligence that Iran is planning to respond with violence to his policy,” said Fleitz. “This President will not be blackmailed to give in, but he doesn’t want violence, if he have to.”
CLICK ON TO THE FOX NEWS APP
The Downing of the drone by a surface-to-air missile is only the latest Iranian provocation in the region. Thursday, the incident comes on the heels of a controversial attack on a couple of oil tankers in the Gulf of Oman in the last week. U.S. officials say Iran was behind the tanker attacks, but Tehran has not claimed responsibility and even suggested that the American involvement in the incident.
Similarly, the Iran claims U.S. drone shot down on Thursday was declared over Iranian air space, but American officials are clearly the incident occurred in international air space. US Central Command said in a statement that a U.S. Navy Broad Area Maritime Surveillance-ISR aircraft, as is known, a BAMS-D was shot down at approximately 7:35 ET Wednesday.
Fox News’ Edmund DeMarche and Lucas Tomlinson contributed to this report.