Europol screw safety measures after leaks terreurdossiers
Europol has the internal security measures are strongly up screwed after the disclosure of leaked secret terreurdossiers late last year by television programme Zembla.
“But I can’t guarantee that there are never more human errors occur,” said Europol director Rob Wainwright on Monday in the European Parliament in Brussels.
A Dutch politiemedewerkster made in 2009 a copy of the files to there home to work. According to Wainwright came “21 infosets about suspicious persons and their means of communication” in 2014 on an unsecured site. The world she saw and says that she is under more about the Hofstadgroup.
EU-parliamentarian Sophie in ’t Veld (D66) wants the parliament and confidentially be notified if violations in the grouping of the EU police agency in The Hague to happen. “It looks like everyone agrees. Also Wainwright understands that transparency and accountability are preconditions for confidence in Europol.”
The files that came on the street to are contain hundreds of names and phone numbers of people with terrorism in connection to be brought.
The data come mainly from the period 2006 to 2008. The data were includes an analysis of the hofstad group and the bombings in Madrid.
The deputy director Will van Gemert let then know that ongoing investigations of Europol by the leaked data is not in danger.