in the vicinity ofthe video Secretary of Defense Mark Esper describes the consequences of the US troop withdrawal from the Northern part of Syria
President Trump the decision opened the door for the Turkish armed forces for an attack against the Kurds; insights from the Minister of defense Mark Esper.
Secretary of Defense Mark Esper, defended the President Trump the decision to withdraw U.S. forces from Northern Syria in Turkey continues to attack on the Kurds, while Trump denounced himself to engage in “endless wars” and said sanctions against Turkey.
Turkey has moved more in Syria, attack on the Kurds to leave, and civilians dead in the process, while the US Kurdish allies in the fight to leave for yourself.
TURKISH ARMED FORCES-CAPTURE-CENTER OF THE KEY SYRIAN BORDER TOWN
“It is even worse through the house,” Esper said on “Fox News Sunday,” to say that the US urges the Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan’s attitude of aggression. Esper said the U.S. is in a difficult situation, as both sides of the allies.
“We didn’t sign up to be in the fight to Turkey, a longtime NATO ally, on behalf of the SDF,” Esper said, in reference to the Kurdish-led Syrian Democratic forces.
Esper said that around 1,000 troops will be withdrawing from the North of the country. A U.S. official told Fox News that the forces did not leave the country as a whole, but moves further in the direction of the South.
Esper also stated that the fighting “has its roots in a conflict that goes back to 200 years,” a sentiment that was echoed by Trump himself Sunday morning.
“The Kurds and Turkey have fought for, for many years,” Trump tweeted. “Turkey considers the PKK to be the worst terrorists ever. Others want to come and fight for one side or the other. They Will Not Let You! We are monitoring the situation carefully. Endless Wars!”
While the US will not engage militarily, Esper, said the administration “to do what we can to stop the Turks, this outrageous behavior.”
Sen. Chris Van Hollen, D-Md., the intention to punish, Turkey expressed skepticism about trump.
“I don’t know what’s this government,” Van Hollen told “Fox News Sunday,” calling Turkey’s actions “absolutely disgusting.” The Democrat said he is currently working with Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S. C., on bipartisan legislation that would impose sanctions against Turkey.
Van Hollen said that while Senate majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., to support has not committed the bill, he believes that “the momentum is building for Congress.”
Trump tweeted that he is working with Graham and other legislators from both parties to impose sanctions.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
“Treasury is willing to go to, additional laws or regulations may be appealed to,” Trump. “There is a large consensus exists. Turkey has requested that it not be done. Stay tuned!”
Last week, Trump vowed to “completely destroy and wipe out” the Turkish economy if you did everything “off limits”.
Fox News’ Lucas Tomlinson contributed to this report.