News

‘Eleven attacks in France to avoid since the beginning of 2017’

‘Eleven attacks in France to avoid since the beginning of 2017’

Photo: AFP

In France, since the beginning of the year eleven terrorist attacks occur. That shows that the danger of terrorism has not decreased, said minister of Home Affairs, Gérard Collomb Friday at the installation of the new chief of the security service DGSI (General Directorate for Domestic Security), Laurent Nunez.

The French newspaper, Le Parisien reports that according to a source close to the dossier, the last attempt last week was foiled in Saint-Ouen when security forces a person held that police wanted to attack. At the beginning of July was the counter at seven foiled attacks.

“Eleven attacks since the beginning of the year frustrated, and, of course, may be tomorrow in France to happen that in Barcelona happened”, said the minister, referring to the attack with the van with sixteen dead on August 17. “We see the importance of the threat and the balance that must be struck between security and freedom,” he added.

Opponents of a coming antiterrorismewet are calling for demonstrations next Sunday. They see the draft law as “a permanent state of emergency’. The draft law is intended to on november 1, the exceptional regime of state of emergency to take over after the jihadist attacks of november 13, 2015 in Paris. It includes, inter alia, “strengthening of the position of the DGSI as principal coordinator of the fight against islamist terrorism”.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular