Dozens of people with shortness of breath after spilling sulfuric acid Oberhausen
The emergency services Thursday morning in the German Oberhausen approximately 150 people who have had discomfort with breathing after an accident, a large cloud of sulphuric acid at a chemical company was released. It wasn’t a serious conditions, according to the fire department.
Under the people with problems were 110 employees of the gemeentewerf of Oberhausen near the factory. The other victims are employees of the company where the leak was.
The leakage arose due to an error in the unloading of a ship. People found this by mistake, hydrochloric acid available in 600 cubic meters large tank with sulphuric acid, causing a chemical reaction occurred.
The authorities concluded a large area around the plant because of the leakage and called on the population to stay inside and windows and to keep doors closed. The fire department put water curtains to the cloud in check.
The cloud was at one point a few hundred metres long.