Amid reports that Donald Trump’s team is struggling to secure talent for his inauguration, the President-elect has responded by tweeting that he wants “the people” not the stars, to attend.
“The so-called ‘A-list celebrities have been want tixs to the inauguration, but look what they did for Hillary, NOTHING. I want the PEOPLE!” Trump tweeted on Thursday evening.
His tweets came at the same time of the Radio City Rockettes were announced as performers at the big event. The other confirmed talent so far in his 16-year-old “America’s Got Talent’ in 2010 and runner-up Jackie Evancho and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
However, not all of the Rockettes are delighted to perform for the President-elect. Rockette Phoebe Pearl wrote on Instagram that she was “ashamed and disappointed” to perform at the event.
“To discover that it has decided, for us, is that the Rockettes will be performing at the Presidential inauguration, I feel ashamed and disappointed,” she wrote adding that Trump’s language about women and violence allegations “everything we’re against” and “horrible.”
For more stories and videos – follow the FOX411 Facebook
Earlier Thursday, the Rockettes’ owner said in a statement it was an honour to be at the inauguration. Broadwayworld.com the reports of the Rockettes were sent an e-mail by the union that they were not allowed to boycott the event.
“Everyone has the right to her own political beliefs, but there is no room for this in the workplace,” the email said according to Broadwayworld.com. “If you are not full-time, you do not need to sign to do this work. If you are full-time, you’re obligated.”
Some singers have refused to perform at the inauguration including Garth Brooks, KISS and Andrea Bocelli.
A spokesman of the Beach Boys told FOX411 that the band is asked to play at the inauguration, but “no decision has been made at this point, how and whether or not they will participate.”
No word yet from Kid Rock, Kanye West, and Justin Moore, all the overt Trump supporters.