nearvideo-American tourists die mysteriously in the Dominican Republic
Former homicide detective Ted Williams-says an independent pathologist should be brought in to determine the mysterious cause of death.
Rep. Adriano Espaillat, D-NY, announced Thursday that he plans to travel to the Dominican Republic to meet with officials in the Caribbean nation over the new string of mysterious deaths of American citizens.
Espaillat, the first and only Dominican-American to serve in Congress, he said in the direction of the Dominican Republic, sometime in the next two weeks.
“More than 3.2 million Americans visited the #Dominica Republic last year,” Espaillat said in a tweet. “I’m doing this trip for me to see and ensure the safety of American tourists and visitors in the Dominican Republic remains a priority.”
Together with Espaillat, Rep. Frank Pallone, D-N. J., in a letter on Wednesday to the State Department and the FBI is asking for timely updates during the investigations in the nine Americans who died in the Dominican Republic since last June. Pallone urged to rethink the State Department, its travel warning for the country, in the light of the dead.
DOMINICAN REPUBLIC-THE MINISTRY OF HEALTH IS CALLING OUT MYSTERIOUS DEATHS “FAKE NEWS” AS THE OFFICIAL EYELASHES IN THE INTERVIEW
The nine Americans who died in the course of the last 12 months in the country, all stay in the luxury all-inclusive hotels and all have died under somewhat similar circumstances, sometimes with brandy from the mini-bar.
Neither the Dominican Ministry of public health and the Ministry of tourism released the final autopsy reports, which show the reasons why the men and women succumbed to.
The strange cases – along with recent pictures of ex-MLB star David Ortiz – have triggered a wave of speculations and questions of the families of the victims in the United States, and many led to the question of whether the island is safe for visitors.
Government data show that the Dominican Republic has welcomed more than 6.5 million visitors from all over the world in the year 2018. In the first two months of 2019, the country more than 600,000 tourists saw an increase of eight percent compared to the same time last year. Of 600,000, 65% of America, especially the United States arrived in the Dominican Republic of the North
The Dominican government and the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo, has stressed in recent weeks that the cases are individual cases, and that the tourist destination is safe for travelers.
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Gustavo Montalvo, minister of the Dominican presidency, no reiterated the call,-say town of the island appeared in a recent report on the 50 most violent in the world by the Interamerican Development Bank.
“In this list of the 50 most dangerous cities in the world, there is none from the Dominican Republic,” he said during an event on Wednesday, organised by the American chamber of Commerce in the Dominican Republic. “In fact, we find ourselves very far from a similar figure.”
The ministries of public health and tourism expected that the publication sources, said more information later this week, Fox News.
Fox News’ Lucia Suarez Sang, and Mark Meredith contributed to this report.