The ICE high speed train of the German railway company Deutsche Bahn (DB) will take you less than two hours from Brussels to Cologne. Also destinations like Dusseldorf and Frankfurt are surprisingly close when you are traveling at a speed of 300 km/h. What are you waiting for?
The German ICE is hailed as the most comfortable high-speed train in Europe. Also in the Thalys and the Eurostar is more than pleasant travel, but the InterCityExpress goes a step further in its customer service. Children which travel free of charge – can go kill time in a play area, to name but one example. In addition to kindercoupés there are also stiltecoupés. The seating and legroom is generous. Your train ticket in advance booking is not required. You can be so, provided of course that there are still places. If you have at least six months before departure reservation, you will enjoy generally lower rates. Only the cheapest tickets are tied to a specific train.
Both in first and second class passengers can benefit from free wi-fi network. Though the strength of that network is not all coaches are equal. In the 2nd class, you can use the offered free data volume limits of the internet use: easy surfing, social media consult … In 1st class, you can just as easily online as well as at work. Large e-mail attachments capturing, video streaming: a piece of cake. An additional luxury for passengers travelling in 1st class: in Cologne and Frankfurt, they have access to the DB Lounges.
The fastest way to the christmas market
The ICE-trains from Belgium to experience their peak period at the end of the year, when we massively cross the border to one of the famous German christmas markets to visit. “Both Aachen and Cologne, and critical hits are,” says Filip Denyn, route manager at SNCB Europe. “But you can also travel by the ICE train, for example, to Berlin. About that distance, just as cities like Hamburg or Munich, the German high-speed train in all areas to compete with the plane.” No long queues at the airport, no traffic jams, no parking problems!
Why choose ICE?
– Fly on your destination using the high-speed train
– Unbeatable travel in comfort: spacious, comfortable seats with adjustable backrests and more legroom than in the plane
– Free wi-fi
– About two-thirds of the seats in first and second class have improved reception for mobile phones
– Children travel free of charge and can enjoy themselves in the kids ‘ corner
– Bar-buffet with hot and cold snacks, salads and beverages
– Book tickets up to 6 months before the date of travel and take advantage of the lowest prices
– Adjacent connections in Belgium, Germany, Austria and Switzerland are included in the price of the ticket.
Extra in 1st class
Leather seats and extra legroom
Drinks and refreshments at your seat served
Selection of international newspapers
Screens for news and documentary (in ICE 3)
Access to DB Lounges.
Super fast connections
Brussels – Aachen: 1u08.
Brussels – Cologne: 1u47.
Brussels – Düsseldorf: 2u12.
Brussels – Frankfurt: 2u59.
Brussels – Dortmund: 3u13.
Dreams of Germany
- Discover Germany at top speed
- The land of Hansel and Gretel
- Christmas markets in Germany: mulled wine and bratwurst
- Once grey, now green: The Ruhr resurrected from its ashes
- From coal to culture: The rebirth of the Ruhr area
- Read all articles about Dreams from Germany