During ‘One Day for Another World’ of the Trefpuntfestival and Oxfam Solidarity ensures Gent Fair Trade for clean clothes. Headlining the Pension will be completely honest fashion dress that night, and the namiddagactiviteiten in sign of fair fashion.
The Trefpuntfestival on the Gentse Feesten, get Wednesday July 19, a interesting theme. The whole day is in a sign of honest wear. In that way, hopes Gent Fair Trade party-goers reflect on the impact of the fashion industry on people and the environment.
Some Ghent entrepreneurs who bet on fair mode, to be literally in the spotlight. The presenters Lieven Thyrion, Gie Baguet and Carlos Boidin and headliner Sioen go head-to-toe in a fair fashion dressed. In addition, there is a humorous Fair Fashion show organized by theatre collective Caque (16h, Trefpuntfestival) and festival-goers can go and browse on the sustainable clothing market Vlömärkt (17h-21h, NEST). Vlömärkt is an initiative of UGent1010, a student organization with a heart for sustainability.
During the market there will be also a workshop organized by Atelier Annelies Bruneel to learn how to sustainably dressed. Because fair wages for textile workers and fashion which is sweet for the environment sound good, but where do you start? Discover it on July 19, during the workshop of the Belgian designer, before and set designer Annelies Bruneel.
- Discover Fair Fashion during the Gentse Feesten
- In the image: Gucci bold steps in interieurwereld with Gucci Backdrop
- This autumn, for the first time: The Belgian Food Blog Awards
- Renowned Parisian boutique Colette to close the doors
- Capture your breasts in the Photoboob during the Gentse Feesten, for good purpose
- Read all articles about Telex