A Detroit Fire department investigator is on the second floor after a deadly fire at an apartment complex Wednesday, 8 March 2016, in Detroit. (Todd McInturf/Detroit News via AP)
A man accused of setting a fire that killed five people in Detroit is denying the allegations and will be investigated to determine if he understands the murder against him.
Henry Johnson appeared in court Thursday and said: “I didn’t murder nobody.”
PENNSYLVANIA MAN WANTED IN KILLING OF 4-YEAR-OLD IS CAUGHT
Five people died and others were injured in an apartment building fire on 8 March. The police said that an argument is preceded by the fire, which was fueled by the extraordinary gusts of wind.
Only one of the five victims identified so far. The medical examiner’s office is awaiting DNA or dental records.
The 55-year-old Johnson is charged with first-degree murder and first degree arson.