Rep. Blake Farenthold, R-Texas, announced last week that he would not be charges for re-election in the midst of sexual harassment.
(CQ Roll Call via AP Images)
Republicans-Rep. Blake Farenthold from Texas, who does not appear is not seeking re-election amid allegations of sexual harassment, 2018 primary ballot after Democrats unsuccessfully his name in the spot tried to leave on Wednesday.
Democrats argue that Farenthold should have the name remains on the ballot, since he draw missed the deadline in Texas for candidates. But they quickly dropped a lawsuit Wednesday after the defeat in front of a Federal judge.
Farenthold last week announced he would retire, while the denial of the 3-year-old allegations that he is subject to the had, a former aide to lewd remarks Fellow Republicans urged him to run again, and Farenthold apologized for an office atmosphere, he said, included the “destructive gossip, offhand comments” and other behavior.
Report: Rep. Farenthold used taxpayer money to claim to pay
Farenthold, the decision came four days after the Texas-deadline for candidates to withdraw, and the Texas GOP remove file its own suit last week, his name. The party the victory, claimed by Wednesday, said state elections officials had signaled that they could.not Farenthold force of the name is on the ballot
To hold in the year 2006, Democrats of the former U.S. House majority Tom DeLay sued on the ballot, if the mighty Republican resigned after he was accused of. The Republicans were not able to GOP to replace delay, who had won his primary, and instead, a writing had to re-candidate who went on to lose to Democrat Nick Lampson.
To replace six Republicans and four Democrats Farenthold compete.