News

Darrell Issa launches house bid against the struggling fellow Republican Duncan Hunter

in the vicinityVideoIssa: Every candidate would love opposition research

Trump accuses the Democrats of hypocrisy over the outrage in his comments on foreign aid; former California Congressman Darrell Issa weighs.

Former Congressman Darrell Issa on Thursday to set up the launch for his campaign for the elections to the seat in the California 50 constituency – a primary challenge for the embattled Republic of the Duncan Hunter.

Issa, a Republican, had refused to re-election in the 49th District in the year 2018 after its 2016 range from less than one percentage point. But he now sees a chance to return to Capitol Hill and replace his fellow Republicans, Hunter.

“I will be the next Congressman from the 50 constituency,” Issa said during a press conference. “I have the history, the skills, the experience and the ability to hit the ground running, not only for this district but for the state of California.”

ISSA LAUNCHES EXPLORATORY COMMITTEE

Hunter is running for a seventh term in office, but is fighting charges that he sucked in campaign funds for personal use.

ISSA-entry brings more attention to what have been observed for a race. It puts the hunter in an increasingly difficult position, since Issa’s wealth and a long record of criticizing Obama, the play could also be located in one of the Southern California the last of the steadfast Republican.

Issa was flattered by many conservatives as the Chairman of the House Oversight and government Reform Committee from 2011 to 2015, where he was a vocal advocate for investigations into the Obama administration.

Video

Last year, Hunter nearly Ammar Campa-Najjar defeated, a young Democrat, came within 3.4 percent to win points, the seat in his first run for Congress. He is running again in the March primary.

Campa-Najjar said Issa accession, the field of candidates, the “only underlines the fact that the Hunter is vulnerable and we are able to live, and that Washington insiders are scrambling to find someone, the more effectively the challenge of our campaign.”

Issa, a former nine-term Congressman, made his fortune through a car-alarm company, an exploratory Committee last month. He withdrew before the election, in 2018, of a district divided between San Diego and Orange counties, which he won just two years earlier. Democrat Mike Levin won the seat in November of last year.

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP

Issa is the decision comes after his Senate-to be a hearing, the Director of the U.S. Trade and Development Agency has been postponed indefinitely, after the Senate Foreign Relations Committee Ranking member Bob Menendez insisted on the release of an FBI background file, the sources say, shows Issa used a fake ID when he was 17.

Video

The focus on the fake ID, the he allegedly as a 17-year-old army private, high-drawn eyebrows, considering Issa had a known history of run-ins with the law, when he was a teenager, with more serious allegations.

But during the hearing, Menendez, D-N. J., argues that the Committee has no access to the information needed to determine whether Issa could disqualify to be confirmed on his post, and said it was “problematic” information from his FBI background investigation could be “potentially.”

Fox News’ Brooke Singman and The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular