Cristiano Ronaldo was against Morocco at the world cup his 85th goal in the shirt of Portugal, and compares this to the Hungarian legend Ferenc Puskas passed as the most productive European international ever.
After four minutes, Cristiano Ronaldo opened the score in the world cup game between Portugal and Morocco, on the second match day in group B. The striker has now already 85 times scored in the Portuguese shirt.
No European international did ever better, reports the bureau of statistics Opta. The Portuguese superstar (33), who had four goals at this world cup after his three goals against Spain, plug in the rankings Ferenc Puskas passed. That was between 1945 and 1962, 84 goals in 89 international matches for Hungary, and Spain.
Ronaldo plays in the Moscow Luzhniki stadium are 152e international match since his debut in 2003. His first goal for Portugal he made a year later at the euro 2004 against Greece.
– Cristiano Ronaldo: you can’t be for or against his
– ‘For I the field go, I read the message on my shoe”
– Ronaldo: a little bit of the Justin Bieber of football
Worldwide the star of Real Madrid, only Ali Daei is a step behind. The Iranian made between 1993 and 2006 109 goals in 149 international matches.
For comparison: Lionel Messi made in 125 international matches for Argentina 64 goals, the Brazilian Neymar 55 in 85 international matches. The Belgian topschutter of all time Romelu Lukaku is after the world cup match against Panama at 38 goals in 70 international matches.
Football world cup 2018 in Russia
- Self cleaning up after the match: Senegalese follow the good example of the Japanese at the world CHAMPIONSHIPS
- Cristiano Ronaldo will be European top scorer of all time
- Tunesiër Bronn warns the Belgians: “Technically and physically we are impressive’
- Our man in Russia: ‘Why this is the world cup, the penalty is’
- Iranian women allowed into stadiums Tehran to world cup match against Spain’
- Read all articles about world cup 2018 in Russia