OKLAHOMA CITY – The maker of Tasers says at least 15 people caught fire and five died after shocked in the near combustible materials, similar to a man in Oklahoma, which was stunned, but when he was in his petrol-soaked of.
A spokesman for Arizona-based Axon said on Monday that the death is also the man shocked Nov. 7, although the authorities are still investigating whether the Taser or a cigarette lighter that the police say that the man who is the cause of the fire.
McClain County Sheriff’s Det. David Tompkins said the officer was justified in the use of the Taser, despite the risk of fire. The man was burned beyond recognition after catching fire near Lindsay, about 45 miles (72 kilometers) south of Oklahoma City.
Tuttle said that the device has been used for more than 3.5 million times in the past 24 years.