News

Chinese owners of SV Roeselare also take Reading FC about

Also, the English resembled, on Monday, at Wembley for promotion to the Premier League to play in, now belongs to the empire of the family of the Dai.

Dai Xiu Li © Belga Image

The English Football League (EFL) has approved the acquisition, and an official confirmation of the transaction appeared in the meantime on the website of the English resembled: Dai Yongge and Dai Xiu Li are the new majority shareholder of Reading FC. Brother and sister Dai bought 75 percent of the shares. The remaining 25 percent remain in the possession of the previous owners, a Thai consortium.

Dai Xiu Li is since last summer the majority shareholder of SV Roeselare. There she is still addressed as mrs. Hawken or Xiu Li Hawken. Hawken is the name of her British ex-husband Tony Hawken. Her brother Dai Yongge is the owner of the Chinese resembled Beijing Rehne FC.

Reading FC plays Monday afternoon in Wembley against Hudderfield Town FC in the play-off final for promotion to the Premier League. Johan Plancke, CEO of SV Roeselare, will be present. ‘If Reading get promoted, then some of their players next season might be available for us,” he says. “The sporting management is in the hands of two Dutch people from the Ajaxschool: manager Jaap Stam and technical director Brian Happy. That makes it very easy to communicate. On the other hand, is Reading a club that any player from the Belgian league can buy. For them, I am a cheap scoutingsapparaat that those tips can give.”

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular