News

Children who tried roasting marshmallows with alcohol in the hospital

The children were hospitalized with burns.

(AP Photo/The Free-Press, Heather Rousseau, File)

North Carolina brothers and sisters were consumed in flames after she tried to roast marshmallows with alcohol on Saturday afternoon.

FIREFIGHTERS RESCUE A COW STUCK IN A SWIMMING POOL

According to Montrael Williams, he and his brothers and sisters were using a lighter, pan and alcohol the marshmallows to roast in the incident, WRAL reports.

“The bottle went flying to the other side and then the juice or the alcohol went flying in the direction of my brother and sister and they caught on fire,” Williams said. “I didn’t catch on fire, because I was on the corner of the table.”

The 12-year-old and 8-year-old brother and sister had to be airlifted to the North Carolina Jaycee Burn Center at UNC Healthcare in Chapel Hill.

Mother of Lashandra Moore saw her daughter on the fire and was able to help her, but she did not know that her other son was also in fire.

Fortunately, a neighbor was able to stop and help.

Click for more from Fox 8.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular