News

Chelsea deletes tour through London because of the attack Manchester

Football

Chelsea deletes tour through London because of the attack Manchester

Chelsea on Wednesday, the festive tour for Sunday on the program was deleted. The English champion will find it inappropriate to celebrate shortly after the attack in Manchester in which 22 people were killed.

“Given the recent tragic event, we find it inappropriate to on Sunday a kampioensparade to organize”, says Chelsea on his website.

On Saturday to play Chelsea at Wembley in the final of the FA Cup against fellow-townsman Arsenal.

Earlier on Wednesday, was the threat level in Britain was scaled up to alarming, the highest level. Monday was a suicide attack committed at a concert of the American singer Ariane Grande at the Manchester Arena.

Rouwbanden

“Given the higher threat level issued by the government, we have a careful consideration. We believe that it is best for everyone to make this decision”, says Chelsea. “We are sure that our fans this measure of understanding.”

The decision is taken in consultation with the police.

During the FA Cup final will be the players of Chelsea and Arsenal rouwbanden wear out of compassion for the victims. The race starts on Saturday at 18.30 hours.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular