News

Charlotte lawmakers float back up from hosting Republican

nearvideo President Trump is accusing the Democrats of being obsessed with scandals

Trump says he can see ‘a little’ by former special counsel Robert Mueller’s congressional testimony; chief White House correspondent John Roberts reports.

The chances are very slim, but some of the leaders in Charlotte, North Carolina are a hope that the city might be able to find a way to their agreement with the Republican National Committee to host the GOP presidential nominating convention next summer.

The Charlotte town Council held a debate on the issue on Monday but took no action. A spokesman for mayor Vi Lyles told Fox News that the city attorney will continue to leave opportunities for the Charlotte the business.

The Council of the city of conversation on the Convention minutes occurred before it supports a resolution of “condemn” – among other things – Republican presidential Donald Trump’s recent calls on Twitter for four freshman Democratic women in Congress were collectively known as “The Squad”, “to go back” where you came, and return as soon as you have solved problems in their home countries (all of the legislators were born in the USA). Congress-Democrats and even some Republicans called the President’s remarks as racist.

THE LATEST FROM FOX NEWS ON THE 2020 REPUBLICAN

All nine Democrats on the Charlotte city Council voted for the resolution, which the President expressly requests comments and tweets as “racist and xenophobic” It also condemned the chants of “send them back” from trump supporters at a rally of the President in Greenville, North Carolina held in the last week.

The two Republicans voted in the Council against the resolution.

TRUMP THE TLAIB FOR ‘SCREAM DEFIES’ IN 2016 THE SPEECH

The vote on the resolution the debate was whether the city could get out of his contract to host the 2020 Republican.

Some of the citizens, lecture at the meeting of the Council urged the city leaders to withdraw the invitation to host the Convention.

City attorney Patrick Baker – who saw in such options, the have reported in recent days at the behest of several council members that there is no legal way for Charlotte to back out of the deal.

Baker pointed out that it would be a way for the city, the agreement, when it added a breach of contract by one of the partners in the deal – but that to date there is no evidence of that happening.

THE LATEST FROM FOX NEWS ON THE 2020 PRESIDENTIAL CAMPAIGN

The organisations that hold part of the agreement, the Convention in Charlotte, the Republican National Committee, the Charlotte 2020 Host Committee, the Mecklenburg County Regional Visitors Authority and the city of Charlotte.

Baker warned that if the city Council cancels its contract with the RNC, they would suffer financial consequences and would probably be sued.

A spokesman for the mayor said that Baker would continue to monitor whether one of the parties to the Convention, agreement, a breach of the deal.

Fox News’ the handle again and again to the RNC for comment, but have received no response.

The city Council voted to approve 6-5 last year, the application for the Republicans.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular