News

Charges dropped against Missouri quadruple murder suspect

SPRINGFIELD, Mo. – Prosecutors have dismissed four first degree murder charges against a Missouri man less than two weeks before his trial was scheduled to begin.

But the Springfield News-Leader (http://sgfnow.co/2hoX7FC ) reports that prosecutors anticipate refiling charges against the 49-year-old Scott Goodwin-Bey of Springfield after an additional test is completed.

Chief assistant Greene County prosecutor Todd Myers says a recent ballistic evidence ruling has led to the charges being dismissed Tuesday.

The murder happened in November 2014 in an Economy Inn in Springfield. Court documents filed previously stated that Goodwin-Bey believed that the victims had told the police about his drug use. Three victims died on the spot and the fourth died several days later.

Goodwin-Bey was convicted of a federal gun charge in October and will remain in custody.

___

Information from: Springfield News-Leader, http://www.news-leader.com

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular