Channel pulls controversial KKK documentary back after payment participants
Television network A&E has a series of documentaries about the Ku Klux Klan, be withdrawn, after it was known that some participants were paid for their participation. That would be contrary to the policy of the network.
The documentary had as approach a glimpse into the life of the members of the group. They would also be helped from the KKK to step in, writes The Hollywood Reporter on the basis of a declaration of A&E.
The transmitter says that the goal was to use racism to expose and to deal in all forms. Friday, the network informed however that cash payments were made to some participants. Previously insured A&E that candidates were not paid.
“Although we are still behind the intent of the series, are these payments a direct violation of our policy with regard to documentaries,” said A&E.
A&E says that they are still looking to move on to other programs and documentaries to hate to tackle it in the USA.
The Ku Klux Klan (KKK) is an umbrella organisation of different (secret) white organizations in the U.S., which, due to their often violent approach against black people, other kleurlingen and gay awareness-raising.
The television network received last week immediately after the announcement of the series a load of criticism about him. Many people wrote on social media not understand that the KKK a platform got. The name of the series was Friday already changed from “Generation KKK” to “Escape from the KKK”.
It is striking that the series quickly withdrawn. The creators worked more than a year and a half to the series. The eight-part documentary would be January 10, premiere.