During the christmas season, there are again eagerly champagne bottles intervals. Some facts and tips when donating, the beloved bubbles.
1. Be careful with the cork, let him be never ending. (In the champagne region around Reims there are reportedly many sommeliers with a glass eye)
2. Pour champagne always in two times: first with a small quantity and fill, if the foam is sinking, at up to the normal level.
3. Tasteful champagne can (preferably) be given in a type bordeauxglas that at the top, slightly tapers, to the bouquet better to let it speak. Wait to smell the fierce reassuring backwash is over, the solid carbon dioxide at the beginning is unpleasant, masks the wijnboeket and the nose irritate.
4. The traditional champagneglas, the flute, has also here obviously out of place, but has, however, two drawbacks: there is little in (most flutes are designed to be more than the usual six glasses from a bottle to be able to taps), and the form leads the attention to the belletjesgordijn, a secondary visual aspect. It is true that small rising bubbles a necessary (not sufficient) condition for quality in the phenomenon indicates a long lagertijd on the gistrest – but there is more. Koolzuurbelletjes arise namely at the height of puntdefecten in the wall or in the bottom of the glass with a diamantpunt verruwd was. This puntdefecten ensure kiemvorming for the gas, so that the bubble can grow and take off.
5. Long lagertijden and many amino acids make the rising gas bubbles finer (for the same reason foams protein-rich beers like lambic or wheat beer and hergiste beers on bottle with a much finer foam than beer). But the belletjesgordijn also has more than a visual function: it acts as a flavour enhancer. The rising gas bubbles are in intimate contact with the liquid champagnefase and carry the geurspectrum. If they are on the surface openspatten is as a geurvuurwerk.
6. And then the temperature. Pour tasty sparkling wines or champagnes at 12°C, the temperature of a fresh wine cellar. Then smell and taste fully to their right. Usually sparkling wines and champagnes, but also white wines in general, much too cold given and smells and tastes, as they are already there, completely suppressed. For ‘babbelbubbels’ this has no importance.
100 toprecepten for a successful feestmenu
- How oysters open without accidents?
- Champagne donate: 6 facts
- 6 wines for the festive table
- Feestgerechten in the maaltijdbox
- Read all articles about 100 toprecepten for a successful feestmenu