Liberal host-turned-Congress hopeful Cenk Uygur Friday announced that he would not accept notices more of the following sen Bernie Sanders, I-Vt., Receiving the backlash for announcing his support for the candidate.
Uygur, a former MSNBC host, founded the progressive digital outlet, The young Turks, to take over officially his candidacy last month, California, 25th constituency seat left vacant by democratic Rep. Katie Hill, who resigned in the midst of several sex scandals.
On Thursday, Sanders Uygur’s congressional bid was formally.
“I am the approval Cenk, because I know he will serve ordinary people, not powerful special interests. He is a voice we desperately need in Congress & a great representative for CA-25 and the country,” Sanders said in a statement published by the Uygur campaign.
“Cenk is a strong advocate of was true of Medicare for All, and is of the opinion that health care is a human right, not a privilege,” said Sanders. “He understands that climate change is an existential threat to our country and the planet, and fight for a Green New Deal.”
The presidential candidate added: “For years, Cenk, people across the country organize inspired against corrupt forces in our politics, and he is now the people in his district to do the same to organize.”
BERNIE SANDERS SNUBBED ON SEPARATE GRAPHICS FROM CNN, CBS NEWS
However, the 2020 candidate faced a violent counter-reaction among other progressive advocate for Uygur. You referred to the candidate the story of the controversial remarks — including the derogatory remarks about women, his re-use of the N-word and the last of the comments reiterated their support for the bestiality.
In the midst of the pile-on, Uygur announced that he would not accept any endorsements.
“I can’t tell you how much I appreciate the support from Bernie Sanders, Ro Khanna, Nina Turner, & local progressive groups, the me their support. Your attitude really took courage in the face of the corporate media and the democratic establishment, and the “rush”,” Uygur said Friday. “I want to be free from any influence other than the voters of CA-25.”
“I’m not obliged to, corporations, lobbyists, or interest groups, and I will not stand by while those groups that attack my political allies,” he continued. “Therefore, I have decided that I accept no endorsements.”
“My job is to represent the voters and the voters alone. The only note I will accept, forward, that the voters of CA-25,” he added.
Sanders withdrew formally its support in a statement Friday.
“As I said yesterday, Cenk has a long-standing fighter against the corrupt forces in our politics, and he inspired people across the country,” said Sanders. “But our movement is bigger than one person. I hear my down-to-earth Fans that were frustrated and understand your concerns. Cenk said today, he rejects all of the endorsements for his campaign, and I withdraw my endorsement.”
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
Also vying for the Hill’s congressional seat, the former trump campaign adviser George Papadopoulos is. The special election is scheduled for March.
Fox News’ Andrew craft contributed to this report.