The officials of the Cleveland National Forest say 51-year-old Forrest Gordon Clark, was booked Wednesday on suspicion of two counts of the crime of arson, and each and every one count of the crime of threat to terrorize and misdemeanor resisting arrest.
A man arrested in connection with a Southern California wildfire that has burned 12 cabins and led to a number of evacuations reportedly had been warned in an email: “This place will burn.”
The officials of the Cleveland National Forest said the 51-year-old Forrest Gordon Clark, was booked Wednesday on suspicion of two counts of the crime of arson, and each and every one count of the crime of threat to terrorize and misdemeanor resisting arrest.
He was arrested in connection with the so-called Sacred Fire, that burned more than 6 square miles in the Santa Ana Mountains.
Clark, according to The Orange County Register, sent the e-mail warning: “this place will burn.”
Volunteer fire chief Mike Milligan told The Register that Clark, walked through the community shouting last week, and he received threatening e-mails from Clark last week.
The Register reported that Clark’s Facebook page is filled with religious images, rants about a neighbor, references to marijuana and photos of Clark’s face, in which he claims that he has skin cancer.
It is unclear whether he has a lawyer.
Clark is being held on a $1 million dollar bail, and is set to appear in court Thursday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
Frank Miles is a journalist and editor, covering sports, tech, military and geopolitical for FoxNews.com. He can be reached at Frank.Miles@foxnews.com.