News

California bus cyclist injured after e-cig bursting into flames

A man who uses an E-cigarette is an electronic substitute in the form of a rod, slightly longer than a normal cigarette, in this example photo.

(REUTERS)

FRESNO, California, usa – Authorities say a man was taken to a california hospital Wednesday afternoon after e-cigarette exploded in his pocket while he was riding on a bus.

The Fresno Bee reports that witnesses on the bus say the man tried to use the device when the driver told him to stop. Authorities say the man then put the device in his pocket, where it malfunctioned and burst into flames. Witnesses say the man jumped out of his seat and screamed for help, the newspaper.

Fresno Fire department spokesman Hector Vasquez says the victim is conscious and alert in the hospital. His name and age were not released. No one else was injured.

His condition was not available Thursday.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular