Brazilian judge speaks American swimmer Lochte free
The American swimmer and multiple olympic champion Ryan Lochte is on Friday by a Brazilian court acquitted on appeal after he’s been accused of a robbery to have invented.
That write several American media, including USA Today. The swimmer came into disrepute when, during the Olympic Games in Rio de Janeiro a toilet door of a gas station destroyed, and then a false report made to the police.
The American invented, together with three other members of the American swim team that he has been robbed by people posing as agents. The foursome paid the damage to the petrol station and concocted the robbery as an explanation for the loss of the money.
Four sponsors of the 32-year-old Lochte withdrew, after he admitted that he is “the story of the robbery a little exaggerated”. In Rio, he won with the U.s. team gold in the 4×200 meters free battle.
Lochte was for ten months suspended by the U.s. swimming federation. That suspension ended on 1 July. Nevertheless, the American his comeback yet. He would this weekend to participate in contests in Los Angeles, but there he sees from. “I don’t have enough training to perform well,” said the 32-year-old six-time olympic champion.
Last month, he became the father. “My family, Kayla and Caiden are now my first priority. Next year I want to be at the Pan Pacific championships in top form,” says Lochte, who in October with Her fiancé. Their son Caiden came June 8 in the world.