In Great Britain, a brand-new factory-paper straws produce. That happened for decades, but now there is high need for an alternative to plastic straws because more and more chains to make the switch.
The initiators behind the project felt longer that the increasing resistance to plastic disposables like straws, a hole in the market created. Chains such as Costa Coffee and Pizza Express announced plans to plastic straws to abolish.
“We saw a huge opportunity, and handles that”, says Mark Varney, the sales manager of the new company, Transcend in the British newspaper The Guardian. “When the BBC documentary Blue Planet II on the television was uigezonden and the government about the dangers of plastic began to talk, we saw the niche in the market.’
The entrepreneurs understood that the well-intentioned plans of the hospitality firms to a new problem would result, because the paper alternatives. “Now, everyone from China to import, and if you look at the CO2 footprint of them look, then that effort is actually lost.’
Transcend signed last week an agreement with McDonalds to 1361 branches of straws to air from september. McDonald’s used in the Uk alone, 1.8 million units. According to Varney negotiations are under way with several other chains. “If a giant like McDonald’s once disclose that they make the switch, I suspect that everyone will follow.’
- Brand new factory Europe of paper straws with
- The Plastic Soup Surfer: “it is Not the plastic itself, but the way we deal with it is harmful’
- May Plasticvrij past: what have we learned?
- The future of plastic: ‘Recycling is good, but plastic avoid is better’
- “Flanders is doing too little efforts to micro plastics from the waste water treatment’
- Read all articles about May Plasticvrij