Brad Pitt is shown before pink stand-in structures (background) where 150 ecologically sustainable homes are to be built, December 03, 2007 in the Lower 9th Ward of New Orleans, Louisiana. Pitt is spending $12 million with his “Make It Right” Project ” to build the homes where the levees broke and floodwater pushed houses from their foundations during Hurricane Katrina in August 2005.
(Matthew Hinton/AFP/Getty Images)
Perhaps it should be “Make It Not good.”
A New Orleans lawyer announced Thursday that he is to sue Brad Pitt and his Make It Right Foundation, because some of the eco-homes built after Hurricane Katrina have fallen into serious disrepair.
But sources close to Pitt to tell us that the movie star is already working to solve the problems, and donated millions more to get it done.
Lawyer Ron Austin told the city, WWL-TV that the buildings’ residents have reported illness and headaches.
He said The well to do “was making a lot of promises to come back and fix the homes that they initially sold these people, and do not have to do.”
But Pitt insiders say that he have been working for a year to resolve the failing buildings.
Insiders blame the problems that we’re told will only affect some of the 100 buildings on shoddy construction or faulty materials, and say that a number of the buildings can be repaired, but others will probably need to be torn down.
“Brad has been working on this for about a year,” we hear. “As soon as he knew that there were things not up to the standards that he and others would expect, he addressed — it is not as if he was waiting for [Austin’s] complaint to be made before to do something about it.”
Design fan Pitt founded on the Right in 2006 — the year after the disaster as — together with designer William McDonough to provide homes to people who had lost them in the Lower 9th Ward in hurricane.
The buildings were designed by architects, including Frank Gehry.
But the reports came out earlier this year claiming that some of the houses leak, rot, and even missing or broken roofs.
This story was previously published in the New York Post.