On the ninth and final day of the Ghent Festivities, were the winners of the biggest names straatacts and biggest names buskers published. A difficult choice, because the quality was this year very high.
Feestenburgemeester Christophe Peeters (Open Vld) reached on the last day of the festival, the prizes for the street entertainment. In the category biggest names straatact took equilibrist Juan Soli’s Mellado from Spain for the Argentinian clown Daniel Alberto Ligresti and the Belgian hiphopper Patrick Lor.
As the biggest names street musician came M2, Sonny Vande Putte from Belgium from the bus. They play with four musicians on a rolling stage of a square metre. The band Pieter Mortier from Belgium was second and the Belgian ensemble, The Jartellen third.
The prices one, two and three, respectively, accounting for 2,500, 1,000 and 500 euros. It is the second year that the prizes will be awarded. “There is a high quality street entertainment, and we are going to ensure that we will next year go further”, says Peeters.
Sunday closing the Gentse Feesten, with the traditional day of the Empty Wallets, the Ball 1900 and the Kaarskensstoet.
Focus @ The Festivals
- Biggest names straatacts and street musicians Ghent Festivities announced
- A dino, a lot of stuffed bears and a mountain of crocodiles: feasts with the beasts at Tomorrowland
- In the picture: Nice and crazy on Tomorrowland
- Gent Jazz day 7: Einstürzende Neubauten brings the junkyard musical to life
- Gent Jazz, day six: a relatively opgekuiste Pete Doherty and a raw Trixie Whitley
- Read all the articles on Focus @ The Festivals