close tovideo Supreme court clears way for trump administration Pentagon funds for boundary wall construction
The amount says, that is 2.5 billion US dollars.
The Supreme court sided with the trump administration Friday to lift a freeze in place a lower court had stopped to use his plans $ 2.5 billion in Pentagon funds to build a border wall.
The decision, split along ideological lines, allows you to move the administration ahead with plans to use military means to replace the existing fencing in California, Arizona and New Mexico with more robust fencing.
The conservative judges on the court ruled in favor of the administration. Liberal justice Elena Kagan, Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Sonia Sotomayor dissented. And Justice Stephen Breyer gave a split-decision, agreeing in part with both sides.
The President celebrated the ruling on Twitter: “Wow! Great WIN on the wall. The U.S. Supreme court overturns the lower court for an injunction, allowed the Southern edge of the wall to go. Big WIN for the border security and the rule of law!”
To fight the American Civil Liberties Union, to keep the against the funding for the wall, sworn,,.
“This is not over,” said Dror Ladin is a staff attorney with the ACLU National Security Project. “We are going to ask the Federal appeals court for the acceleration of the ongoing appeals process curb, which is irreversible and imminent harm to Trump border wall. Border communities, the environment, and our Constitution is the separation of powers will be permanently damaged, should trump refuses to go away with the plunder, the military is funding a xenophobic border wall in Congress.”
The judgment means that the Trump manage on the funds and begin lent with the work on the four contracts.
A court initially, the funds frozen in may, and a court of appeal held that freeze in place at the beginning of this month. The Trump had asked the administration, the Supreme court, to include the subject.
Earlier this month, a divided three-judge panel of the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco agreed with a lower court decision that prevented the government from the development of the Ministry of defense counterdrug sections money for the construction of high priority to the planned wall in Arizona, California and New Mexico.
On the billions of dollars that Trump would allow to make progress on a major 2016 campaign promise heading into his race for a second term.are
Trump declared a national emergency after the loss of means of struggle with the Democratic-led house, led to a 35-day government shutdown. The Congress voted $to spend nearly 1.4 billion, on barriers in the Texas Rio Grande Valley, the busiest corridor for illegal cross, an amount significantly below the $ 5.7 billion that the President requested.
Trump grudgingly accepted, the money declared the emergency in order to siphon up to $8.1 billion for wall construction. This amount includes $3.6 billion of military construction funds, $ 2.5 billion from the defense Department counterdrug activities and $600 million from the Treasury Department for the confiscation of the assets of the funds.
Fox News’ Shannon Bream and Bill Mears and The Associated Press contributed to this report.