News

Bethenny Frankel reveals a near-death experience caused by ‘rare fish allergy’

Bethenny Frankel said that she had a near-death experience caused by a rare fish-allergy.
(Getty Images)

Bethenny Frankel appeared on Monday, she had a near-death experience over the weekend, activated by a rare fish-allergy.

The “Real Housewives of New York City” star wrote on Twitter that she was rushed to the hospital Sunday because of a “rare fish-allergy” triggered by the soup she was eating. She said after slurping some of the liquid, she began to feel some itching and was “unconscious for 15 minutes.”

She was taken to Newton-Wellesley Hospital in Massachusetts, where she spent two days in intensive care with “BP of 60/40,” that is a dangerously low blood pressure that can lead to a shock or a stroke.

“I couldn’t talk, see, thought I had a stroke and is dying and told [I was sent to the hospital] 5 minutes later I want to die,” the reality star tweeted.

BETHENNY FRANKEL: A LOT OF ‘REAL HOUSEWIVES’ STARS ‘CAN’T AFFORD THE LIFE THAT THEY LIVE’

Frankel said workers and an EpiPen saved her life and she vowed to always have the device with her.

The 48-year-old later tweeted that her next” project ” is to see the improvements at the Massachusetts hospital, such as new mattresses because “they have no budget for Tv, and comfortable beds 🙁 for the really sick people.”

A fan also asked Frankel to help schools and organizations get free EpiPens to children, to which she replied, “I’m already over this. I’ve heard about it, and this will be a mission of mine.”

Fans previously learned about Frankel’s fish allergy when she suffered an allergic reaction during a trip to Cartagena, Colombia, which was shown on the “Real Housewives of New York City.” In that incident, Frankel was also the drink of soup, when she felt itching in her throat.

“Is there fish in that soup?” Frankel asked others at the dining table. “I am itching, itching, itching. My throat is itching. I thought it was chicken, f—k.”

“It is the worst feeling, your throat is itchy, you feel like you’re going to throw,” Frankel said about the allergic reaction. “It’s like the poison inside you.”

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular