News

Bella Thorne wants of #MeToo movement after new Asia Argento claims

Bella Thorne declared Wednesday that she no longer wants to be part of the #MeToo movement after Asia Argento claimed the then 17-year-old Jimmy Bennett “sexually assaulted her” — a sharp turn of the accusations he made against her last month.

(Getty Images)

Bella Thorne declared Wednesday that she no longer wants to be part of the #MeToo movement after Asia Argento claimed the then 17-year-old Jimmy Bennett “sexually assaulted her” — a sharp turn of the accusations he made against her last month.

“I’m disgusted. No longer wants to be apart of the #metoo moment,” Thorne, 20, tweeted. “Jimmy was a young boy. This is gross.”

https://t.co/M6NFZT8B2B
I’m disgusted. No longer wants to be apart of the #metoo movement. Jimmy was a young boy. This is gross.

— BITCHIMBELLATHORNE (@bellathorne) September 5, 2018

The former Disney actress added that, “If this is what the me movement is about now, I’m not here for. … Victim shaming. Just terrible.”

If this is what the me movement is about now, I’m not here for.

— BITCHIMBELLATHORNE (@bellathorne) September 5, 2018

Victim shaming. Just terrible

— BITCHIMBELLATHORNE (@bellathorne) September 5, 2018

Thorne is a member of the anti-sexual harassment and sexual assault movement in January, when they said ” sexually abused, physically and growing up from the day that I can remember until I was 14.”

“I waited at the stop and finally it is done,” Thorne said in the Instagram post. “But some of us are not so lucky in life. Please stand up for every soul Abused. #timesup.”

View this post on Instagram

I was sexually abused, physically and growing up from the day that I can remember until I was 14..then I finally had the courage to lock my door at night and sit by. All damn night. Waiting for someone to enjoy my life again. I waited to stop and eventually he did. But some of us are not so lucky in life. Please stand up for every soul Abused. #timesup

A post shared by BELLA (@bellathorne) on Jan 7, 2018 at 1:43pm PST

Thorne on Wednesday, linked to a Deadline report, Argento, 42, disputed Bennett’s claims that he sexually abused her when he was 17 years old in 2013. He claimed that the two have a sexual encounter in a hotel room in California, where the legal age of consent is 18 years.

Bennett, TMZ reported on Wednesday the schedule for the submission of a sexual assault report with the L. A. County Sheriff’s Department, after a declaration of Argento’s lawyer said that Bennett attacked her, and that she intends is to start with the #MeToo movement “Phase Two”.

More about Asia Argento…

  • Asia Argento allegedly non-payment of child sexual abuse accuses the rest of $380G

  • Asia Argento reportedly fired as judge on ‘X Factor Italy’

  • Asia Argento: TMZ publishes pictures, text messages that refer to sexual contact with minor

  • CNN pulls Asia Argento’s episodes of Anthony Bourdain’s ‘s Unknown’

  • Mira Sorvino says she is ‘heartsick’ about Asia Argento sexual assault allegations

His lawyer told the news outlet “the attack on my client’s character has no influence on the events that took place on May 9, 2013. These are statements that are meant to intimidate, shame and insult to my client.”

Argento — one of the first prominent women to accuse Harvey Weinstein of sexual abuse, denied the allegations in the first instance, and said that her late friend Anthony Bourdain paid Bennett, now 22, because the two him as “dangerous” after he asked for financial assistance.

Following Argento’s denial, a picture of her and Bennett up in bed, seemingly naked together appeared online, and then a series of text messages in which Argento reportedly admitted to a sexual contact with a minor were handed over to the researchers.

Nicole Darrah cover breaking and trending news for FoxNews.com. Follow her on Twitter @nicoledarrah.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular