Belgium has placed itself for the wereldfinale of the Bocuse d’or. Our team captured sixth place at the European finals, which took place in the Italian Turin.
Of the twenty participating countries were allowed to only the best ten. Chef-Lode De Roover, commis Piet Vande Casteele and gourmet coach Jo Nelissen knew the European jury of celebrity chefs to convince the typical Flemish asparagus is to use it in their dish.
Also read: This Belgian wants our country to defend at the world CHAMPIONSHIPS gastronomy: “A chef needs to be regularly out of his own kitchen steps”
The teams must be during the Bocuse d’or in five hours and 35 minutes a main course for fourteen persons. The products that they need to use, are fixed in advance. At the European final had the chefs get to work with Piedmontese beef.
“This finalist does not fall from the sky, we have our months and months of intensive preparations”, sounds at gourmet coach Jo Nelissen. “Thanks to the support of the Flanders Food Faculty we have, our team can optimally train in a professional oefenkeuken. In addition, we were able to spot rely on the support of 150 fans who had travelled to support us during the race. The atmosphere was overwhelming, similar to that in a football stadium.’
Since 1999 we achieved no spot on the podium. That will change with this team? Jo Nelissen will the team the next months to further prepare for the wereldfinale.
- Belgian Chef-Lode De Roover punch to wereldfinale Bocuse d’or
- Writer of the in-tube meat cookbook wants to make cultured meat at your own risk to test it
- Artists jump into the breach after fire in restaurant Humphrey
- The healthy vending machines: discover Alberts smoothiemaker
- Delvaux brings new handbag on the market: “A must-have for the multitaskende woman’
- Read all articles about Telex