In the open-air Bar Bricolage since this summer, upcycling, culture and enjoyment. In the beginning of October, you can relaxing in the indian summer.
The name let already suspect : in this bar is on upcycling done. This summer opened in Ghent between old factories at Dok Noord is a pop-upcafé where the furniture gebricoleerd with recycled materials. In the industrial garden you can go to concerts to listen to, cocktails sipping, street watch or play petanque.
By the cooperation with young initiatives such as Rooffood (grow vegetables on the Ghent rooftops) or Gent Brews (collective of local brewers) there is a quirky atmosphere. The organizer, the new vzw Totum, goes on a hunt for wild and little-known locations in Ghent, to a metamorphosis. Bar Bricolage is their first project. She wants to be that way, useless vacant spaces in the city to address. (VH)
Until 6 October, Chinastraat 1, Ghent.
- Bar Bricolage in Ghent: Upcycling between old factories
- C-mine Genk hold in the context of upcycling week a designer stocksale
- Weekendtip: Unexposed in Leuven shows young and established fotografietalent
- Be there: the announcement of the new Young Keukengeweld-chefs
- Read all the articles about Quick news