Audio reveals creepy details of the UFO-mystery

(Credit: Getty)

In 1966, more than 300 children and staff of a Melbourne school allegedly witnessed several Ufos silently fly through the air before landing in a nearby field.


It is the largest mass UFO sighting in Australia, but there was almost nothing reported about it at the time.

Over the years there are different reports about the details of what happened on April 6 at Westall high School, such as people who claim that there were three saucerlike objects, while some thought that there was only one.

In the 52 years since, there has been a lot of speculation about what people saw, with some believing that it is an alien encounter and others, point the finger at the government for the testing of new technology.

In all the years of speculation, but a very interesting piece of audio is very strong to be overlooked.

An American physicist, known for his research into Ufos, Dr. James E. McDonald, conducted an interview with a science teacher from Westall school, Andrew Greenwood, who witnessed the event.

He himself has included in the description of their encounter and the eerie details of Mr Greenwood gave about his experiences. “Greenwood told me that the UFO was first brought to his attention by a hysterical child who walked into his class and told him that there’s a flying saucer outside,” Dr. McDonald said.

“He thought that this child had become in the war or something so he didn’t have a message, but if the child is aware that this object was in the sky and he decided to go out and take a look for themselves.”

When he went outside, he saw a group of children looking to the northeast area of the school and as he approached them he claims to be a UFO hovering close to the powerline.

Mr. Greenwood described as a round, silver object about the size of a car with a metal rod sticking up in the air.

According To Dr. McDonald, the teacher told him, then five planes came and surrounded the object as more people began to gather to watch the scene before them.

“He called it the most amazing flying that he had ever seen in his life,” Dr. McDonald said.

“The planes were doing everything to make the approach of the object, and he said how they avoided collision, he will never know.

“Every time they got too close to the object it would slowly speed up then quickly speed up and then further away from them and stop. Then they would take off after it again the same thing would happen.”

This game of cat and mouse allegedly went on for about 20 minutes and by that time, Mr. Greenwood said 350 children and staff was watching.

Suddenly, the UFO darted away and disappeared within a few seconds, and it was at this point the headmaster of the school came out and ordered everyone to go back to the classroom.

Over the years, there were reports that the government tried to cover-up the incident and to stop witnesses talking, but Mr Greenwood claimed that it was the headmaster of the school for the first time attempted to squash discussion of the incident.

“He gave the school a lecture, and told the children that they would be severely punished if they talked about this case and told the employees they could lose their jobs if they called it” Dr. McDonald said.

The teacher claimed the director was so “scared” and “disturbed” by the incident that he had refused to come out until the object was gone.

“When the Royal Australian air force contacted the rector, he said to them: ‘go and jump in a lake’,” Dr. McDonald said.

There are claims of several witnesses that sharply dressed men in black suits visited them and warned them to speak about the incident.

These lines with some of the experiences of Mr. Greenwood had when he tried to speak with the other witnesses about what they saw.

“At the moment of seeing the UFO, he was a complete skeptic himself. He had never even considered the possibility of their existence,” Dr. McDonald said.

“When he asked the physical education teacher to describe what they had seen themselves, so that he could compare with his own perception, they wouldn’t say anything.”

After that, he allegedly spoke with one of the older students who described the event in great detail, exactly as he had seen, but when he spoke to her again a half hour later she would not say a word.

Mr. Greenwood do not think that it had something to do with the director of the threats as no one usually took him seriously and he knew for a fact that the student said he was not present at the meeting, where he had made the threats.

Dr. McDonald’s description of his interview with Mr Greenwood offers a rare insight into the events from the eyes of someone who is an adult at the time.

There is still speculation about what actually happened, and the site of the encounter is turned into a memorial park to reflect the 1966 Westall UFO Incident.

This story was previously published in the

Recent posts

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular