At least seventeen people are Tuesday to life by a fire in a hotel in the centre of the Indian capital New Delhi.
Sure 35 people from the fire saved. At least two people were injured and taken to the hospital. A woman tried with her child to the flames to escape out the window to jump, report Indian media.
The hotel with 65 rooms is in the under budgettoeristen popular area of Karol Bagh. There were tourists from Myanmar, message transmitter NDTV. Also, a portion of the building is rented by a group that a wedding was to celebrate. Most of the victims were asleep when the fire at the Hotel Arpit Palace broke out.
The fire department has the fire is now under control. The emergency services are still looking for more victims. The fire was probably caused by a short circuit.
Flames save from roof of hotel in New Delhi
It is possible that the building codes are violated
The emergency services got to the fire after a few hours under control. The authorities focus now on the question of guilt. One of the directors of the capital region, minister Satyendar Jain (Urban Development), thinks that the building codes are violated.
“The hotel had permission for four floors to put down. They have addition to a kitchen and a terrace built,” concludes minister Jain. “There is gross negligence. There is an investigation. Against the culprits will be taken.”
Fire in hotel New Delhi
At a fire in a hotel in the Indian capital New Delhi are at least seventeen people for the life to come.
By the fire much of the damage to the building.
The fire department went after the fire under control, looking for survivors.
The hotel is in the centre of New Delhi.
Do you want to every morning, right to know what you night have missed, and what the day is going to happen? Subscribe to our This is the news-newsletter!