At least 4 arrested at Portland protest, and if the police try to keep the Antifa, right-wing demonstrators apart

to connectVideoPortland, Oregon, the mayor says they are taking major precautions ahead of the Antifa and far right demonstrations

Dueling protests between Antifa and far right groups are set to take place in Portland, Oregon.

At least four people were arrested as far right-wing groups and extreme left-wing members of the Antifa run dueling demonstrations in the city center of Portland, Ore. Saturday.

Authorities did not immediately release details of the arrests. Earlier in the day, the Portland Police department tweeted pictures of the weapons seized by various groups, including bear spray, shields, and metal and wooden poles.

In addition, at least one person was injured and transported to a local hospital, but no further details about the victim were released, according to a statement released by Portland Police on Twitter.

Flag-waving members of the Pride of the Boys, and the Three Percenters militia group, began to gather in the late morning, some wearing bullet-proof vests and helmets. In the meantime, the black-clad, helmet-and-mask-wearing Antifa members were among the hundreds of people on the streets. The groups gathered on both sides of the Willamette River, which runs through the city.

Agencies used sound trucks and loudspeakers to remind the protesters of both sides, in order to stay out of the street, or they would be arrested. They set up concrete barriers and closed streets and bridges, in an attempt to contain it and to separate the rival groups.

“In the course of the evening, several hundred protesters gathered in or to attempt to move in the direction of the Waterfront, Park, and get in touch with each other,” a police spokeswoman Lt., Tina Jones, said in a video statement posted on Twitter. “… Portland Police and criminal justice partners, to continue to try to get the opposing groups apart, although there are a limited number of interactions between the individuals involved.”

Jones added that, in the majority of a group of protesters had moved to the east side of the Willamette River, while the others had split off to march around the inner southeast of Portland, on MLK Blvd. She also said that there were a lot of protesters are marching to the west, and in the streets, in the vicinity of the Waterfront Park, and some of them were also of the crossing of a bridge, at the foot of the other side of the river.

More than two dozen local, state, and federal law enforcement agencies, including the FBI, were in the city for the right-wing rally, which is expected to attract people from all over the country. Portland Police said the city of about 1,000 officers would be on duty for the meeting, which was hyped on social media and elsewhere for weeks now.

The police formed a physical barrier to under one-Third of the Bridge in Tom McCall Waterfront Park, and to separate the rival groups, and spruce. The Pride and joy on the Boys and their supporters were at the south rim of the canyon, while the counter-protesters stayed on the north side, according to reports from The Oregonian.


KPTV and The Oregonian have reported that some of the protesters began to leave in the early afternoon, and by the government, in short, the re-opening of the Hawthorne Bridge to let them pass. The Oregonian reported that a group of left-wing protesters attacked a bus with a group of very Proud of the Boys from the city of Portland, to the breaking of a few windows.

“The Pride of the Boys in contact with or in contact with the units on the ground, saying that she wanted to leave, so it makes it easier for them to leave the area,” Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office. Sgt. Dr. White told the newspaper. “It wasn’t planned. It was not orchestrated. We have had a request that they would like to leave the area, and, as we have been able to detect it.”

Among the participants of the demonstration, a Patriot Prayer, Joey Gibson, who organized a similar rally in march of 2017, and 2018, which is struck in a collision. Gibson, on Friday, a warrant of arrest for the crime of riot, but were released on bail hours later.

“I’m just here for the ride,” Gibson told The Oregonian.

Promoter Joe Biggs told the newspaper that the protesters “wanted to be the national attention and we have to do it.”

“Go and look at the President He’s on Twitter,” Biggs said. “He was talking about with Portland, said he is looking forward to the Antifa. That’s what we wanted … Mission accomplished.”

President, Trump tweeted Saturday morning that he is considering the appointment of the Antifa, a domestic terrorist group.

“The most important consideration is to be given to the appointment of an ANTIFA ORGANIZATION OF a TERRORIST,'” He said. “Portland is being watched very, very closely. Our hope is that the Mayor will be able to get a good job done!”


Portland’s Mayor, Ted Wheeler, said the message of demonstrators on both sides of the “We don’t want you to hate, and we don’t want to have your power, but if you’re here, we’re going to have to be prepared,” he said in an interview on Fox News’ “Outnumbered Overtime” on the weekends.

“Then again, when it comes to the enforcement of our community standards, we support the rights of people to show up, but we don’t care who you are or your politics are,” he said. “When you think of the violence in the city, you will be held accountable for their actions.”

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular