Only a few supermarkets grow into true icons. Yet that is what the Antwerp market Criée has done if you ask the townspeople. After a summer transformation are the resident craftsmen in a new framework.
With the reopening of the Criée is a dream come true for owners Achiel and Mary White. That first was in 1967, in the covered market as vegetables and fruitleverancier. “Instead of soon to retire, I wanted to Crieé new foundations,” says the 67-year-old The White. ‘So the Crieé also for the next generation, meaning keep it as a place where people with real artisans and exceptional products.”
With the craftsmen, refers to The White on the two expert butchers and poulterer-wildspecialist together a whopping 66 meters verstoog fill. The three companies have decades of a great reputation, something that will not change under the management of Achiel De Witte.
The covered market building near the Antwerp Central railway station dates back to 1903 and was after a fire in 1984 and rebuilt. The past few years, found a Spar, lodging, today reopens the Criée if Delhaize subsidiary.
Fresh Market Criée
Of Schoonhovenstraat 21 & Van Wesenbekestraat 24, 2060 Antwerpen
Open from Tuesday to Sunday. Closed on Monday.
- Antwerp fresh market Criée reopens after transformation
- Learning about the future of the fashion industry during Fashion Talks
- A double serving of art and antiques in Brussels
- Parisian luxejuwelenmerk Messika will be working with Gigi Hadid
- Ecover put plastic soup in new Ocean Plastic Bottle
- Read all articles about Telex