Rock Werchter has he never heard, but hiphopper Soufiane Eddyani, however, in a fast pace to it. Time to get acquainted with this emerging Antwerp rapper: ‘I cried for the last time when Morocco scored at the world Cup.’
Perhaps you know Soufiane Eddyani, but believe us: it’s hard for him. The 19-year-old Antwerp hiphopper with Moroccan roots and scores one hit after the other with clean rapnummers if Back in time, God forgive me, and A thief as a brother. On Instagram, he has 200,000 followers, his video clips are twice as often viewed as that of Bazart and Spotify has three times as many listeners per month if the group of Gold.
Curious to Eddyani to know? This week he opens a Generation Now, our annual zomerinterviewreeks with the cultural valves of tomorrow. By way of preview: 15 short questions.
1. What is your most annoying characteristic?
I can sometimes be quite stubborn and a perfectionist.
2. What did you want to be as a child?
3. When was the last time you cried?
When Morocco scored at the world cup. As in: that own goal against Iran, which us the match took.
4. What is the best advice your parents have ever given?
Always be honest, and respect everyone.
5. How do you come to rest?
On my bed with some music in the background, but it should not be.
6. Whose job would you ever one day want to take over?
7. What news did you recently hurt?
The loss of Morocco against Iran.
8. Which poster was prominently on your puberkamer?
9. Which former teacher will you always remember?
Miss Ingrid. I would never make it, according to her. Since then, I wanted nothing more then to her to prove the contrary.
10. What habit do you want to as soon as possible?
Big portions of food verstouwen.
11. On who are you, healthy, jealous?
Martin Garrix. I’m going to have to scramble if I’m still faster than him a multi-millionaire wants to be.
12. What is your dearest possession?
I cherish nothing as much as my mother.
13. And what is the dumbest thing you have ever bought?
Turtles do not appear to be the best pets.
14. What song/movie/piece of art you catch the best together?
Papaoutai of Stromae maybe? Not so much because of the content, but I mirror me very hard at the perfectionism that that song conveys.
15. What is your earliest memory?
I press the flute playing by the living room during.
Read the full interview with Soufiane Eddyani in our +zone or in Knack Focus of 27 June 2018.
Generation Now 2018
- Antwerp-based rapper Soufiane Eddyani about his mother, turtles and Morocco in the world cup
- Read all the articles about Generation Now 2018