Animatronic T-Rex on fire in Colorado
Raw video: Animatronic T-Rex on fire in Dinosaur Wanted to Walk, an outdoor swimming pool on the hiking trail in Canon City, Colorado.
Burning pieces of the “dinosaur” debris fell through the thick clouds of smoke and flames spewed from the mouth of a giant animatronic Tyrannosaurus Rex last week, when an electrical problem caused a fire in a dinosaur exhibition in Colorado.
The fire engulfed the life-size dinosaur Thursday at the Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience, so that there is nothing behind it, but a part of the tail and the structure itself, according to FOX31 Denver.
No one was injured in the fire.
A life-size animatronic Tyrannosaurus Rex at the Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience in Canon City, Colorado, a fire after an electrical problem, according to the Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experienced staff.
(Royal Gorge Dinosaur Experience via AP)
“We have always known that T-Rex had a temper, but today he blew his top,” Zach Reynolds, the exhibition of the president, told Fox 31 Denver, in a statement. “There was an unfortunate [rare] electrical problem with our mighty T-Rex and he is no more. You might even say… extinct.”
The robot was part of a 16-dinosaur trail, according to CBS Denver.
Reynolds said that most of the park is still open for business and he said that he hopes to have a T-Rex ready for the summer.
Ryan Gaydos is an editor for Fox News. Follow him on Twitter @RyanGaydos.