Andrew Lincoln, the star of “The Walking Dead” will reportedly leave after his ninth season.
Andrew Lincoln, star of AMC’s “The Walking Dead” will reportedly leave after his ninth of the season, which is currently in production.
Lincoln’s departure from the show was reported by Us Weekly on Tuesday. The actor is reportedly scheduled to only appear in six of the season’s episodes.
‘WALKING DEAD’ SUFFERS WORST MIDSEASON PREMIERE RATINGS IN SHOW’S HISTORY
A source told the news outlet Lincoln, 44, is leaving to focus more on movies.
“The Walking Dead”, says one of AMC’s top shows, is dipped in the ratings in recent seasons as viewership has declined.
His reported departure is one of several shake-ups of the show has experienced in recent months. Series showrunner Scott Gimple was promoted to the role which oversees “The Walking Dead” and the spin-off “Fear the Walking Dead,” with writer Angela Kang filling his role.
‘WALKING DEAD’ STAR’S FATHER BLASTS SHOW FOR WHAT THEY HAVE DONE TO HIS SON DAYS BEFORE HIS BIRTHDAY
In addition, Lincoln’s on-screen son, Chandler Rigg’s Carl, was killed off the show at the end of last year.
Reps for Lincoln not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment, while AMC declined to comment.
Nicole Darrah cover breaking and trending news for FoxNews.com. Follow her on Twitter @nicoledarrah.