‘Alvin and the Chipmunks” helps boy save family from house fire

Mason Einhorn warned his mother to the fireplace in the kitchen.


A young boy saved his family from a fire in their home by using a phrase that he learned from “Alvin and the Chipmunks.”

Four-year-old Mason Einhorn was with his 2-year-old brother Brody when he noticed that smoke was in the kitchen in the North of Miami Beach. “Initially I saw smoke, and then I saw the small fire, and when I saw the big fire,” he said.


Mason saw that his brother was playing with the buttons for the stove. “He was turning the buttons, and the fire was coming from,” he said.

A baby monitor recorded audio of the trial in August. “His brother has a dropcam baby monitor in his room,” said the 4-year-old mother, Michele Einhorn, “and after this happened, I decided to go back and listen, and I was able to record it.”


Mason could be heard screaming on the recording when he saw the flames. “Fire in the hole!” he said.

He learned the meaning of an “Alvin and the Chipmunks” movie. “I thought he was here watching a YouTube video,” his mother told 7News. “Because I hear, ‘Fire in the hole!’ So I said, ” No, Mason, don’t say that.'”

His mother was in the next room, just a few meters away. Mason could be heard calling his mother in the recorded sound, but she was not aware how serious the situation was.

“Mommy, fire, fire, fire,” Mason said.

“OK, sweetheart,” Michele said.

“No, really, there is smoke,” he said.

“Don’t say things like that,” she said.

“Smoke,” Mason said.

“Where?” she asked.

A pizza box on top of the stove in the kitchen was in flames.

“I am so proud of. He is my hero,” Michele said. “Without him, who knows what would have happened to his brother or to his house.”

Michele was able to put out the fire. The only damage was to a chair, but it could have been much worse.

Click for more from WSVN.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular