closeVideoFox News Flash top headlines for the 24. June
Fox-News-Flash-top-headlines for the 24. June are here. Check out what you click on Foxnews.com
On his first day on the job as the new acting secretary of defense Mark Esper, on Monday sent a memorandum to all Pentagon employees, the creation of the U.S. Department of defense “way in the future.”
In the memo with the title “First message to the Department” Esper As we wrote, “further, the Nation, the security, let me reaffirm our way in the future. The National Defense Strategy will remain our guiding document, and everything we support should be doing, its stated goals.”
Esper is the new acting Minister of defense of President Trump last Tuesday after Patrick Shanahan was named withdrew his nomination.
WHO IS MARK ESPER, TRUMP’S NEW ACTING SECRETARY OF DEFENSE?
Esper, 56, was the 23 Secretary of the army of the United States since Nov. 17, 2017. His responsibilities included the recruitment, organization, training, equipment, and supply of 1.4 million active duty, National Guard, Reserve soldiers, Department of the army civilians, and their families, according to his Pentagon biography.
Esper, said on Monday the Department’s priorities “remain unchanged” and everything should be in support of the Department of “you”, ” its stated goals.”
He then went on to explain, “three mutually reinforcing lines of effort” is used to continue to expand the competitive space. They include the construction of “a deadly force”, the strengthening of the alliances and the acquisition of new partners, as well as the Reform of the Department “for more performance and affordability.”
In his memo, Esper explained that the creation of a more lethal force, would be the “surest way to deter adversary aggression” and contain to prepare fully for the war. He wrote that it is important to build “more to fight, the willingness,” while “the modernisation of the most important skills for future conflicts.”
Esper said that the US-allies and partners “play a significant role in the we help with conflicts, to deter and to defend the freedom of the whole world.” He added that a continuation of the commitment of the country is, “grow these relationships deepen, and our interoperability.”
TRUMP PUTS ARMY SECRETARY at THE PENTAGON AS SHANAHAN DROPS OF contention FOR SECDEF
Esper of the United States Military Academy in 1986, is a graduate. He received his Commission in the infantry and completed Ranger and Pathfinder training.
He served in active service for over a decade. In the early 90s, he served with the 101st Airborne Division in the Gulf war. He later commanded a droplet-gun companies in Europe.
Acting Minister of defense Mark Esper, at the time of arrival at the Pentagon on Monday.
(AP Photo/Andrew Harnik)
After his service in the active service, he served in both the Virginia and the District of Columbia National Guard and Army Reserve. He retired in 2007.
“Previously served in the Regular army, national guard and Reserve, I also understand the sacrifice that protect our Service members, civilians and their families, this great country,” Esper wrote in the memo. “That is why I am committed to taking care of families and ensure that they have the resources they need to thrive.”
He urged the soldiers, sailors, airmen, marines and civilians to stay focused on your mission and “always do the right thing.”
CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE FOX NEWS APP
“Together, we remain ready at the most and capable military force in the world, this is what awaits our nation and deserve,” Esper said.
Fox News’ Tomlinson, Lucas and Stephen Sorace contributed to this report.