After Antwerp, it is the turn of Ghent. The Amsterdam eyewearmerk Ace & Tate waving at the end of may open the doors of a second Flemish establishment.
The brand is known for fun designs, handmade (sun-)glasses, and a very competitive price. Ace & Tate put in for the first time set foot in Antwerp. In Europe, there are now twelve flagship stores of the brand, which started as an online shop. After Berlin, Amsterdam, Copenhagen, Stockholm and Antwerp, may also Ghent is an Ace & Tate shop welcome.
In the Sint-Pietersnieuwstraat, near the new library, The Krook, the doors of the new shop swing open. This new shop is an extension of the online-first hatch. You can style advice and help in choosing the right size. Five days a week you can also go for a free eye test on appointment.
The international design studio Weiss-heitencreated the design. They let themselves be inspired by the iconic Belgian stripgeschiedenis. Graphic talent from our own soil, Jan van der Veken, if a short but powerful comic strip to develop for the Amsterdam label. The Ghent-based illustrator bowed to both the artwork on the walls, if the design of the neon. The design of the schappensysteem was in the hands of the New Tendency, the design studio from Berlin.
Also, read our interview with the Founder of Ace & Tate: ‘I felt a lack and a lack of transparency in the brillenmarkt’
- Ace & Tate opens second Flemish shop in Ghent
- Sustainable cooperation Veja and Flaneurz: from childhood dream to old-school roller skates
- Esprit and Opening Ceremony to work together again
- Belgian jewelry designer Lore Van keer launches collection for mama’s
- Weekendtip: second edition of groenstedelijk festival Botanik
- Read all articles about Telex