News

22 Disneyland Paris guests and staff accidentally poisoned with swimming pool chemical mix-up

The incident took place at the New York Hotel in Chessy, France, last Friday.

(iStock)

Guests and staff were accidentally poisoned in a hotel in Disneyland Paris, about a mix-up with chemicals in the pool.

The incident took place at the New York Hotel in the Paris suburb of Chessy, France, last Friday, with 22 people being treated for nausea and breathing problems.

Paris Le Parisian reports that the incident happened after bleach and sulphuric acid added to the pool.

It is reported that the chemicals were mixed improperly, causing chlorine gas to be released.

When chlorine gas is inhaled and can lead to swelling of the upper respiratory tract, coughing, disease, chest pain, and headache.

Emergency services were called, and four of the 22 people affected were sent to the hospital.

Many guests in the hotel were housed in different rooms away from the swimming and the pool was closed.

The pool was still closed yesterday after the incident.

Sun Online Travel has contacted Disneyland Paris for comment.

To read the full article, go to The Sun.

Follow us

Don't be shy, get in touch. We love meeting interesting people and making new friends.

Most popular