Two Alaska Airlines flight attendants were sickened Thursday evening after exposure to the deicing agent residue during a trip from Seattle to San Jose, California.
Alaska Airlines spokeswoman Ann Zaninovich said in a statement the flight attendants were sitting in the front of the plane when they noticed a powdery dust blowing from the vents. The flight attendants sick shortly after, according to The Mercury News.
Zaninovich said one of the attendees was taken to the hospital in unknown condition. The other was treated and released. San Jose fire officials said no passengers were ill on board.
The flight was carrying 181 passengers and six crew members. It was in Seattle at 4:48 pm landed in San Jose at 6:54 pm
Fire officials were still investigating the material that was blowing out of the vents. But Zaninovich said an initial investigation, it was concluded that the substance was deicing agent residue, that is non-toxic.
Click for more from The Mercury News.